1. General Description
Universidad Latina de Costa Rica is the largest and most prestigious private university in the country, member of Laureate International Universities, a global higher education network in 29 countries and 80 institutions with more than 1 million students.
Universidad Latina offers 70 undergraduate and graduate programs concentrated in 7 Schools and 10 campuses: Health Sciences, Engineering, Design and Architecture, Information and Technology, Hospitality, Business and Economics, Social Sciences, and the Postgraduate International Center. Our mission is to educate and inspire students to become ethical leaders, entrepreneurs and innovators fully integrated into the world to achieve their full potential. Our vision is to be the university of choice in Costa Rica for its academic excellence in preparing leaders with a global vision.
2. International Programs
Universidad Latina offers the international community the opportunity to study in a unique academic setting in one of the happiest and most beautiful countries in the world. Take advantage of a set of special short-term programs for students and faculty or come join us for a semester or year abroad
- Spanish Immersion Program: We offer entry possibilities all year long. Course duration ranges from 3 to 15 weeks, and can be taken for up to a year.
- Technical Certificate in Sustainable Tourism Management: Technical certification in Sustainable Tourism, responding to national and international trends. Differentiated strong hands-on training in sustainable development to successfully manage tourism companies and organizations. On-line and campus-based courses; Professional internship in a Costa Rican tourism company.
- International Production Rally (September):Compete against other participants from different countries to crown your group as the best biodiversity documentary maker.
- Enfocus Festival (November):A space for young filmmakers to celebrate the best audiovisual pieces made by students, while learning about the trends in production work through participation in workshops, lectures, and activities
- Sustainable Architecture (on demand):Participants experience a design process that explores relationships between abstraction and representation in harmony with the environment.
- Green Business (on demand):How to create sustainable business. In this course you will learn the many ways to capitalize on the market through nature conservancy. Waste management and sustainable energy are just two of the topics that are developed in this program.
- Doing Business in Latin America (on demand):Learn about International Trade and Investment in Costa Rica and Latin America; visit companies and agencies involved in international business; enjoy cultural and recreational activities.
Visit our web page to find more information about our university: www.ulatina.ac.cr
Access our international program catalogue directly: http://ulatina.ac.cr/international-programs/
Or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org